Do you love events? Iron Front produces over 300 remarkable events and meetings a year. We are seeking event staff to join our growing team! This is a part-time position and offers flexible scheduling.
ABOUT IRON FRONT
Iron Front is an industrial chic wedding and event space located in downtown Lewisburg. Full of historic rustic detailing, Iron Front is housed in a recently renovated 150 year old cast iron building which is protected by the National Park Service. Iron Front hosts over 300 weddings, events and corporate meetings each year.
- Assist manager with set-up and breakdown of events including moving tables and chairs, setting up and breaking down catering tables etc.
- Prepare Beverage Service for events and meetings such as coffee, hot tea and fruit water.
- Monitor and or work event/specified station during event.
- Interact with guests and attendees.
- Clean up after the event has ended.
Example Duties for an Event:
- Read and understand the event plan to understand the event details such as type of event, timeline, number of guests, floor layout, beverage service, bar set up etc.
- Make sure the facility is clean and ready to go.
- Set up the tables, chairs, tablecloths.
- Set up the A/V equipment such as sound, tv, audio, event lighting.
- Help event host unload their car.
- Set up beverage service including glassware, ice down cold drinks, make coffee, make fruit infused water etc.
- Interact with event host to make sure they have everything they need.
- Greet the catering company and show them to the catering kitchen.
- Serve alcoholic drinks if needed (we pay for your 1 hour long RAMP certification online course that allows you to serve beer, wine and simple mixed drinks).
- Bus tables.
- Run dishes through the dishwasher.
- Clean up after the event.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift more than 50lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to fast paced/ changing environments.
- Experience in setting up events and or parties is a plus but not required.
- Hourly – $ 13/hour to start then $ 15/hour once you become a Shift Supervisor (work a minimum of 10 events to qualify to become a Shift Supervisor)
- Tips – Typically a large event will offer a flat $ 35 tip to event staff who are serving behind the bar and $ 20 to staff who are serving a support role such as bar back